Welcome to Flight Training Adelaide’s (FTA) IndiGo Cadet Pilot Program! FTA has extensive experience in delivering airline cadet pilot training to airlines worldwide over the last 33 years. FTA is the preferred training provider for Cathay Pacific Airways, China Airlines, Cathay Dragon, Hong Kong Government Flying Service, TAG Aviation, Vietnam Airlines, QantasLink and Virgin Australia.
our latest airline partner
IndiGo is our latest airline partner. We are looking forward to extending our relationship with the airline, and more importantly, to offer you a high quality, fit-for-purpose training program to facilitate your employment as a First Officer with IndiGo.
We hope that you find the information useful and invite you to register below. We are looking forward to meeting you shortly.
Adelaide is the capital city of the state of South Australia, and the fifth-most populous city of Australia. In June 2016, Adelaide had an estimated resident population of 1.7 million.
Adelaide stretches 20 km from the coast to the foothill. The city sits at an average elevation of 50 metres above sea level. Mount Lofty, east of the Adelaide metropolitan region in the Adelaide Hills at an elevation of 727 metres, is the tallest point of the city.
FTA has designed a training program that requires travel for cadets in only two countries. The program has four phases:
- Phase 1: DGCA ground theory and examinations in India
- Phase 2: CASA Commercial Pilot Licence (CPL) and Multi-Engine Instrument Rating (MECIR) at FTA
- Phase 3: Multi Crew Cooperation (MCC) at FTA and A320 type rating in Melbourne, Australia
- Phase 4: DGCA licence conversion in India
Integrated ground theory and flying delivered over seven modules of training. On completion of the course, cadets achieve:
- AVI50215 Diploma of Aviation (Commercial Pilot Licence – Aeroplane)
- AVI50415 Diploma in Aviation (Instrument Rating)
- Upset Prevention and Recovery Training (UPRT)
Duration: 46 weeks
200 hours Flying Training:
- 80 hours single engine dual (including 5 hours CAP10 upset recovery)
- 100 hours single engine solo
- 20 hours multi-engine dual
36 hours Simulator Training:
- 36 hours DA40/DA42 simulators
- 500 hours CPL(A) initial delivery though computer based training (CBT) and onsite face-to-face classroom lessons and 35 hours IREX ground school lessons
- Flying: individual flying lessons
- Multi-crew Cooperation (Adelaide)
- Airbus A320 Type Rating (Melbourne)
- Licence Conversion (India)
FTA’s campus has been purposefully designed for flight training, with theory classrooms, simulators, aircraft maintenance and administration facilities, hosting up to 280 students. FTA’s facilities are designed to ensure the least amount of disruption to the cadet. Unlike other training schools, all facilities whether operational, residential or recreational are located within the same campus, thus eliminating the need for any transport to the student between facilities.
For a detailed map of the campus please see FTA CAMPUS MAP
FTA also understands that for some cadets this may be the first time away from home. To this end, FTA has a full time welfare team that is on call 24 hours a day. The welfare team is comprised of both male and female staff who will look after any non operational concerns a cadet or a cadet’s parent may have through out the training period.