Set aside Sunday 8 March 2015 in your diary to come and experience a trial instructional flight (TIF) at AFTC.
What is a TIF?
A TIF is a way of sampling flight training without making a commitment to joining the school.
A TIF follows the same sequence as a normal instructional flight:
Pre-flight briefing: short briefing on what to expect.
- Aircraft pre-flight inspection: observe and participate in ‘pre-flighting’ the aircraft and become familiarised with cockpit equipment and emergency procedures.
- Flying and flight procedures: orientation of the local area from the air and control of the aircraft under guidance of a qualified flying instructor.
- Post-flight debriefing: feedback on the flight and an opportunity to ask questions.
A discounted rate for the WOAW trial instructional flights is available in a Grob or Tobago aircraft:
Grob half hour TIF: $121
Grob one hour TIF: $242
TB10 half hour TIF: $141.50
TB10 one hour TIF: $283.00
Points to consider:
- WOAW TIFs are conducted with the participant and instructor only.
- The take-off and landing are controlled by the instructor only.
- Clothing should be appropriate for the season and shoes must be of the closed toe style for safety.
- The minimum age for a WOAW TIF is 12 years.
- Persons with known medical conditions that may become a safety hazard should not conduct TIFs.
- English language must be of a standard that can understand Emergency Procedures, in flight, in English.
- The Grob is limited to participants up to 95kg. The Tobago is more forgiving.
- Duration of flights is limited to 1 hour or half hour.
Please contact Rob Jones to make a booking. The number of available flights is limited.
Payment can be made on the day either by cash or credit card.
This is a great opportunity for Secondary School females who are interested in aviation to experience flight training first hand!
Please see the link below to the WOAW15 website.