Trial Instructional Flight Request
Hangar 54, Kittyhawk Lane
South Australia 5106
Tel: +61 8 8209 4300
Fax: +61 8 8209 4367
A TIF booking request should be made 6 days before the required booking date.
A Trial Instructional Flight (TIF) is available if you are uncertain about learning to fly and experience of flying an aircraft before you commence training.
A TIF is an air experience flight; a way of sampling flight training without making any commitment to joining the school. The objective of the TIF is to give you a good and fair sampling of what flying feels like, plus an insight into the flight training process.
A TIF is a once off experience; all subsequent flights are on an Approved Syllabus with training toward achieving objectives.
The TIF follows the same sequence as a normal instructional flight:
- Pre-flight briefing. You will usually spend a little time in a briefing room going over the flight and what to expect;
- Aircraft pre-flight inspection. You will be shown around the aircraft while the instructor does the pre-flight inspection. You can participate in the pre-flight inspection if you wish – the more you are involved the better. You will be shown how to get in, how to strap in, and the equipment in the cockpit will be briefly outlined to you, as well as the actions to be taken in an in-flight emergency.
- Flight procedures. Your flight will be in our training area. You will be shown the airfield from the air, the local scenery and points to orientate yourself. You will spend time with control of the aircraft in your hands, under the guidance of the instructor. This will give you a ‘feel’ for what it’s like to fly.
- Post-flight debriefing. Your instructor will answer any questions you have and underline a few of the main points of the TIF.
The Trial Instructional Flights are conducted in our Grob training aircraft and are 30 minute, 40 minute (recommended) or 60 minute (most in depth experience) flights (note – ground preparation and transition to and from our flying training area takes approximately 20 minutes).
The pricing is as follows:
- 30 minutes – $143
- 40 minutes – $193
- 60 minutes – $283
Prices are subject to change.
- Trial Instructional Flights are conducted with the Student and Instructor only. Passengers are not allowed.
- The take-off and landing are controlled by the Instructor only.
- Clothing should be appropriate for the season and shoes must be of the closed toe style, thongs are not acceptable.
- The age of participants should be that of a person is capable of beginning training (normally 15 years of age or older).
- Persons with known medical conditions that may become a safety hazard should not conduct TIF’s.
- English Language must be of a standard that can understand instruction and emergency procedures, in flight, in English.
TIFs are scheduled around aircraft and Instructor availability.
Request for bookings are only taken 6 days in advance, this allows for immediate booking and confirmation.